only about 25-50% of what we hear: That means that when you talk to your clients, colleagues, or spouse for 10 minutes, they pay attention to less than half of the conversation and so do you.
9 Tips to Effective & Active Listening Skills
- Don’t wait to talk.
- Ask yourself if you are taking center stage
- Never interrupt or talk over someone
- Use body language
- Ask follow-up questions
- Refocus if you mind wanders
- Don’t look at your cellphone
- Sympathetic summary in your own words
- Use body language: nod your head, show facial expression
Great questions + Active Listening + Sympathetic Summarizing= Sales
Stephanie Wachman, Executive Coach and owner of Life In Balance, www.stephaniewachman.com
© Life In Balance, LLC